Image of the beautiful and historic St Bartholomew’s Fleet Air Arm Memorial Church in Yeovilton, Somerset, UK.
The Church of St Bartholomew in the parish of Yeovilton, Somerset, England, was built around 1300. It is a Grade II listed building.
The church became the property of Montacute Priory and then part of the Diocese of Bath and Wells. It still contains some fabric and fittings from the 14th and 15th centuries but underwent a major restoration in the Victorian era.
The church fell into disrepair in the 20th century but has been taken over and restored as the Fleet Air Arm’s Memorial Church following links since World War II with the nearby airbase RNAS Yeovilton.
In the first half of the 20th century the church was falling into disrepair until after World War II an association developed with the staff from the nearby RNAS Yeovilton. The churchyard contains 15 graves of British and Commonwealth forces during World War II mostly from the airbase. By 1988 the fabric of the building was considered unsafe and the church declared redundant, and was sold to the Royal Navy for £1. Restoration work was carried out funded by public donation and, in 1993, the church was reopened as the Fleet Air Arm’s Memorial Church. The church holds the Fleet Air Arm’s Roll of Honour.
New porch gates, which were made at HMS Daedalus and carry the emblem of the Fleet Air Arm, have been installed. Within the Fleet Air Arm Memorial Chapel modern stained glass has been installed with the badges of RNAS stations Gannet, Osprey, Heron, Seahawk and Deadalus.
What you will get:
- A 100% original print from JC Photography. The print is on high quality professional photo paper (gloss) and printed professionally.
- Images are printed as full-bleed so no white border is visible.
- All prints are prepared individually upon ordering.
- The print is mounted on either white or creme card with a bevelled edge. If you have a colour preference please include it on your order.
- Image without mount is 8×6 inches and total framing size with mount is 10×8 inches.
- Each print is titled, given limited edition number and hand-signed by myself on the mount.
- Images are tagged with my logo online to prevent theft and no tags will be visible on the purchased product. It will just be the image and nothing else.
For full product details please read the Print Guide